Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tuesday

This is one of my favorite sculptures. It changes from every angle and the way the light hits it... (see below). Also, to explain the entire sculpture, each piece is independantly suspended, no two "pipes" are touching each other. Like a game of pick-up- sticks, dropped and stopped in time, suspended, hanging, not hitting the ground.








I had hoped to get over to the Gardens while there was snow on the ground, but I haven't made it over there yet. I cannot wait for the spring time to see all the wildflowers blooming all around the sculptures. These pictures were taken back in November.



I had to lay down, on the ground, under this sculpture to get this shot. But I love it. It is one of my favorite pictures. The brilliant blue sky behind the shiny silver. The sunlight reflecting off, the reflection of the ground and the sky. I cannot explain what draws me to it. It's just a bunch of wires and pipes, criss-crossing. But I love the lines, the angles, and again, the colors and reflections. And how it changes from every angle.



No comments:

Post a Comment