Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Headless Chicken

How typical. Everytime I plan something, five other things happen at the same time. I haven't been around to blog. This last weekend I went to visit my parents. On Saturday, I went with my mom to a Women's Day Away retreat, held at their church. It was great. The pastor used a part of a book written by Mother Teresa. God's Simple Path. Sunday, I left earlier then planned to beat the snow storm that was headed this way. By the time I got to Grand Rapids, it had just started to snow (it rained the entire drive). So I made it just in time!

This week is very hectic. Meetings, some are the usual, some are not. This Sunday, I leave with the college group from church to go to Chicago for their Spring Break mission trip. We don't know where we'll be volunteering, yet. I'm pretty excited to go! Yes, I'm a "chaperone". We'll return Wednesday, so don't expect any blogs from me at the beginning of next week! Hopefully, I'll have pictures to share when I get back.

If I get a chance before I leave, I will try to post more. But for now, this may be it for an entire week! I just get a little stressed out when I have so much going on. I know if I take a deep breath and relax everything will be just fine. But try telling that to my brain!

"Silence leads to Prayer. Prayer leads to Faith. Faith leads to Love. Love leads to Service. Service leads to Peace. Peace leads to Prayer." -Mother Teresa
[Peace leads to Silence]

No comments:

Post a Comment