Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween

Yes. I finally rescued the photos from my camera. They only went back to the beginning of the month so I wasn't too far behind...

I wanted to share this one

The same woman who made our Anniversary cake made this. It was a pumpkin square, chocolate covered pretzels and the cute marshmallow head.

I saved this picture for today's post. We did not save the treat. We gobbled it up.

By the way, I also wanted to share my take on the fact that Americans are spending $5000000000000 dollars on Halloween (according to this website). Whether that is the actual figure or not, it's a lot of money.

My guess is that no one stopped to think about how much of that is Hollywood. I enjoy watching the holiday shows, but it seems like every show has gotten in on the act.


Wait. It doesn't just seem that way, it is that way. Add in those costumes, sets, and designs, throw in the Food Network and you get somewhere close to that number.


This year I bought a pumpkin (that I didn't carve). All of my decorations are just fine, I didn't need to add any new ones. I have plenty of candles to set the mood. The candy was leftover from my overnight (I gave the group more than enough sugar). Pretty simple. 


Don't ask about Christmas though. I may have more of an addiction to that holiday.


Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment