Tuesday, October 2, 2012

boys vs. girls

At a recent party, a friend and I noted that there was one little boy and several little girls. The friend has a boy, she was the one who noticed the difference in genders.

Then, in youth group, we were going on a Scavenger Hunt and when it came time to break into two groups one of my youth suggested boys vs. girls because we had an even number.

It got me thinking about everyone I know with children. How close is the count?

So I figured it out.

I have a lot of time on my hands.

Maybe I do need a fourth job...

Just kidding.

Back to the count. This is completely unofficial and is limited to friends and immediate family.

Out of twenty-seven couples boys out number girls 30-26. Remember, this is completely unofficial. I actually started going through my facebook friends to make sure I didn't miss anyone. I started ignoring families with one of each because they negated each other. If I stretch and look at my extended family, the numbers still come close.

Take a look at your friends with children. Are there more boys or girls? What's the official count?

No comments:

Post a Comment