Friday, February 1, 2013

corduroys and long underwear

Another one bites the dust.

I have not shared the news that my wardrobe has become quite an issue. Mostly because everyone is tired of hearing how great my weight loss has gone. And because I don't want to jinx it.

Just since last winter I have dropped a size (in total I have lost ten sizes, wait, do you count each size or the number? I've either lost five sizes or ten).

This is good news (for me). I'm proud of what I've done. But I have had to empty my closets and drawers. Unfortunately I am not in a financial situation to clean my closet and refill it. I have donated the clothes that no longer fit me. Why leave them in the closet, taking up space?

Then, at the beginning of January, I was the recipient of a wonderful gift. A friend of mine cleaned out her closet and gave me several pairs of pants and a few skirts. The best part was they all fit! It was like Christmas and I didn't have to spend a dime. Thanks Jenny! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

On a slight tangent, I have been out shoveling. A few weeks ago it was cold. Single digit temperatures. My legs are always cold. I only have so many pairs of workout pants I could wear (and for whatever reason, I do not like shoveling in blue jeans). I mentioned that I pulled my leg warmers up as high as they would go.

I finally relented (or got smart) and purchased a pair of long underwear. They are wonderful. Why haven't I owned a pair before now?

Yes, snow pants would also work. But I haven't seen any in my size (I always see them in the kids section). So I went with the long johns.

Yesterday, I went to Meijer Gardens and wore the long underwear under the corduroy pants. Even then the corduroys were still too big (sorry Mom). It's time to donate them.

On a positive note, my legs have never been warmer when I shovel!

No comments:

Post a Comment