Monday, January 7, 2013

2013 goals

I have made three goals for myself this year.

I did not make resolutions because those are made to be broken.

I have found that I keep up with goals that I set for myself. (You may remember that goal I set for myself to be able to run one mile and now I'm up to three?)

Here are my 2013 goals in no particular order:


  • light a candle every day to remember that Jesus is the light (I also said I would do this last year and once the 90 degree days hit, failed to keep up with it, but we received a fake candle as a Christmas present from Aunt Melissa and Uncle Tom, so I plan on using that when a real flame is not possible)



  • visit Meijer Gardens once a month



  • to say "I'm sorry" only when I mean it


That last one is a tough one.

I had food poisoning on Friday night (don't worry, I'm perfectly fine now) and was supposed to help out at the Old House Expo on Saturday. I didn't have Rhonda's phone number to let her know I wasn't going to make it. I wrote that email seven times before I had finally written it without an, "I'm sorry". I didn't need to apologize, I was just trying to let her know that I couldn't make it and the reason why.

We apologize too much. It's become similar to the word, "like". We say it too much. And "fiscal cliff". Can we all forget that phrase?

Thanks

What are your goals or resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment