Tuesday, November 26, 2013

muffins

Have you ever baked a muffin without the paper liner?

Have you ever eaten a cupcake without the paper liner?

There's something to be said for one less thing to get in the way of eating a scrumptious cupcake, but one of the things that makes eating a cupcake or a muffin special is the crumbs that cling to the paper liner.

I am a scraper.

I scrape the paper liner with my nails (I even have a special technique) and eat every last crumb.

Please tell me that you do that too?

Well if you haven't, those crumbs tend to be moist and, I think, a great finale to the cupcake/muffin.

The technique is quite important. I learned long ago that scraping off the crumbs with your fingernails can get a little gross. Especially when you go to scrape your nail on your tooth to get said crumbs out from under your nail.

I know. It sound ever more gross than watching someone do it.

The technique I discovered is to use the outside of your fingernail. Instead of scraping toward you with the inside of your nail, scrape away from you using the outside. The crumbs collect neatly to your entire nail and then you can simply lick them off. No messy, scraping your nail on your tooth. You can even scrape them together and make a little pile. This technique also saves the paper liner from being ripped. Which, if you're a scraper you know how devastating ripped paper liners can be!

As I was eating a Cranberry Harvest muffin this morning, I realized the importance of paper liners and wanted to share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment