Thursday, January 31, 2008

All dressed in black

On Monday we welcomed a new addition to the family. No, not another Corvette. This time it was a brand new stove! For the first time ever, all of our appliances match! This is very exciting for us.

A few weeks ago, I was cleaning the old oven and discovered perhaps my dishes weren't baking thoroughly because the seal around the bottom of the oven door was missing!!! Things started to make sense. Things like: why it would suddenly become 400 degrees whenever I was baking, why after an hour my brownies were still goo in the middle, and why the chicken was still pink in the middle.

After that discovery, I decided to do some on-line shopping/searching. We decided to stick with gas, because we didn't want to have to convert everything (we would have needed a new breaker and all that).

My specs were: I wanted a self-cleaning oven and a storage drawer. And it had to be in black. We found it all. Actually, we ended up buying this model (not the same model I had originally found). This has five burners, two regular sizes, a simmer, one large and one super large for boiling a big pot of water. I have successfully used all five of my burners! And we've broiled steaks (that was a first) and we've baked. Now all I have to do, to complete the breaking-in process, is bake a dessert.

Save your fork, dessert will be served shortly!

2 comments:

  1. Rock on witcho bad self. I want new appliances. Maybe someday I'll have a house in which I can do that. And I already know how I'm going to decorate my bathrooms of said apartment/house. Yeah, I'm a dork. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Alison. You're not a dork. I realized that's what happens when you get older and you have a home/apt. You dream of appliances! It took seven years, but now I have the fridge and stove I always wanted! Trust me, the wait is worth it! We have had some pretty bad kitchens. (shuddering) Next is re-doing the kitchen and getting a dishwasher back!

    ReplyDelete