Monday, February 18, 2008

soundtracks of our lives


I had such great success with asking for opinions on photographs, I'd like to ask your opinions on music. What are some great songs that you enjoy? What song has had a great impact on your life? What might be your theme song, or has been in the past? For those who are married, what song did you dance to for your first dance? With your mother/father? (Bill and I cannot remember that one... we know our song. But we do not have written down ANYWHERE the song that we danced to, he with his mom and me with my dad. Does anyone out there know???)

Our Jr. High are going to have a separate guys/girls day retreat, and we're looking for fun songs to have playing while we're talking with them. Songs that they might not know. I have a pretty eclectic mix right now. I'm wondering if I'm missing anything important. Here's another chance to add your two cents worth. After I get a few responses, I'll share what I've got so far. I'm leaving it wide open....

5 comments:

  1. i don't think these are appropriate/useful for a jr. high retreat but some of the 'songs of my life' are:

    yellow ledbetter - pearl jam
    mary - patty griffin
    all i ever have to be - amy grant
    you take my breath away - tuck and patti (this was our first dance)

    and, the winner of the song of my life (so far) is...

    fix you - coldplay

    grace and peace,
    greg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, i forgot:
    take five - dave brubeck quartet

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks greg. that's a great start. anything will be helpful. I'm hoping if something is not appropriate it might spark something that is... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always been a fan of anything by U2. Pride (In the Name of Love), Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Beautiful Day, just a few. I L-O-V-E Jack Johnson, he's pretty mellow and no profanity. I heart Sting as well but I don't think Jr High kids will dig him as much as I do. However, right now, the song of my life is Beautiful Disaster by Jon McLaughlin. And just to channel some of your influence on me, and about the only one I've ever really listened to, Flood by JOC. Hope that helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're totally using the Beautiful Disaster video!!! Cool, Alison, you were thinking along the same lines! hahaha, Jars of Clay. well there are a ton of songs that we could use. Hmmm, I don't know if any of them are on my soundtrack.... I'm sure there are a few. Definitely have Needtobreathe on there. *huge sigh for the boys*. :) Alright, I'll go get my list and post what I've got so far and see if you like it?!?!?

    ReplyDelete