Friday, October 12, 2007

My favorite month

It is National Popcorn month. I love popcorn. But you probably already knew that about me. I eat it for dinner when Bill is working. Like I did last night! My favorite way to eat it is air popped, with butter and Kraft's popcorn cheese topping. It combines two of my most favorite foods; cheese and popcorn. I prefer air popped over any other kind. I have some Amish popcorn that is a variety of kernels. I like them. Those are best with butter and salt, so that you can taste the different flavors of the corn itself. The best corn to pop (in my opinion) is the Boyscout popcorn. It pops the biggest, fluffiest kernels then any other popcorn I have ever tried. It's either a white or yellow kernel popping corn. I wonder if Alton Brown has ever done a "Good Eats" episode on popcorn. I know there's a "Secret Life of..." popcorn episode.

Other random facts:
I have eaten an entire bowl by tossing each kernel into the air and catching it in my mouth.

I can stand five feet away and throw popcorn into a recipients mouth (depending on how well they do, I rarely miss)

For more information, visit these links...
http://www.popcorn.org/index.cfm

http://www.wyandotpopcornmus.com/

especially if you like popcorn like I do!!!

Thanks to Orville Redenbacher for selling this tasty treat!

Some day I will make it to the Valparaiso Popcorn Festival! (I know, I'm from Indiana and I love popcorn, and I've never been to the biggest popcorn festival known to popcorn connoisseurs.)

http://www.popcornfest.org/popcorn.html

So here's to my favorite snack food, popcorn! Pop away!

4 comments:

  1. I, too, heart popcorn. Pretty much every Sunday since I was a kid that's what we had for dinner. Apparently it's a Manifold family thing because my dad does it, too. You'll have to ask him the story behind it sometime.
    I also have it for dinner when there's nothing else to fix in the house or I just don't feel like making anything. And sometimes, just for the hell of it, I'll have it for lunch.
    YUM, POPCORN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy popcorn! We always had it Sunday nights too!!! I remember snacking on popcorn with the Manifold's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had popcorn for dinner, two nights in a row. :) yum!

    ReplyDelete