Tuesday, October 23, 2007

the annual Halloween party

Jenny has always had a Halloween party. This year was
no exception even with a cruise looming on the horizon. It was a great turnout! We had Mona Lisa, a cop and her prisoner (he wouldn't dance to Thriller though...). Dr. Mel Practice was there. Lily Potter, Kid Rock, Persephone, the Black Widow, the list goes on and on.

My first stop was on Friday, at Ikea. From there I headed to Toledo to visit Anna, Dan and George. I stayed the night there. Saturday morning, after a yummy breakfast of french toast, I headed back towards Detroit. I met Jenny at the cemetery in Birmingham. I was a little late due to horrible construction traffic, but Jenny and Ginger gave me a private tour and we latched on to one of the groups so I could hear a few specifics. For instance, the architect of the World Trade Center, Minoru Yamasaki, his parents are buried at this cemetery. So is Marshall M. Frederick whose sculptures can be seen all over Michigan! (pictured at right, the Leaping Gazelle, one of his favorites, and his grave marker)


From there, Jenny and I headed back to their house.
We got crescent roll ghosts ready and ate dinner. Then it was time to get ourselves ready for the party.

I was Persephone. I had my pomegranate (not pictured). And just to clear this up; Bill and I have started dressing in costumes that go together. The first year we did not. He wore a toga (talk about last minute costume, "Emily, can you go buy me a sheet?" one day before the party) so this year, to "fix" that, I "matched" him from 2003, that's where the idea came from. That and the cruise. Since we'll be stopping in Greece, I figured it was appropriate.


Jenny was a waitress, John the chef, and
Ginger was the lobster. Their special
that evening was Lobster Bisque.



Heather was the Black Widow. You didn't want to mess with her! And yes, she left her spiders everywhere, much like the feathers from a few years ago... (I know that was Greg, but he was dressed as Heather...)


Also, to keep up with
tradition, we had our
tequila shot. We always look so excited
before, and so disgusted after. But it makes for a great photo!


There was Vampire wine, which was tasty, and Drinko. The green chip is missing. It may have ended up in the trash. But that makes a good party, when you know you just set something down, and now it's gone...

The food was delicious, and there was plenty to drink. It was after all, an adult Halloween party.

That was it! We all crashed somewhere around 2am. We're looking forward to next year... Who's hosting it???

Now on to the final countdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment