Tuesday, June 5, 2007

In a world of Harry Potter...

I am obsessed!



Oh yes, my friends. An amusement park for Potter fans. Heather and I are already planning our trip! If it turns out to be anything like these drawings, I will be geeked. The architecture of a surreal world facinates me. Perhaps that's why I do enjoy Las Vegas. The lengths that the designers have gone to, to recreate ancient buildings is truly amazing. Maybe that's why I went into Historic Preservation? Anyone can build new, but to recreate the past... or to save what we have already built, is a challenge in itself. So to see other people imitating that, well, I enjoy it! How accurate is it?

Okay, I'm not going to get into a debate about all of that, plus I don't think anyone who reads my blog gives two cents about architecture like I do, and therefore it would be a one-sided debate. Instead, I'm going to bore you with all things Harry Potter! Or, just the poster for now.

4 comments:

  1. cool looking poster. i would go to a hogwarts amusement park. sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just realized something; Harry hasn't outdone Voldemort by himself. In each book he's had his friends by his side. (this theory is coming after hours of pouring over Mugglenet.com's editorials) I think it is safe to say that he will not face Voldemort alone in Book 7 and that is how he will conquer the Dark Lord. He has his strength from the love of his friends.

    We only have a short time left to see if I'm anywhere close...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM SOOOOO FREAKING EXCITED ABOUT ALL THINGS HARRY POTTER!!! Can't wait for the final book to come out (okay, I can because that means no more Harry Adventures), the 5th movie this summer (which I have, along with "At World's End", every intention of seeing before the summer is over) and the theme park. I have at least one friend that's about as excited about it as I am...I CAN'T WAIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete