Wednesday, June 26, 2013

she swallowed a fly...

I don't know why she swallowed a fly, perhaps she'll die.

Do you remember that song? I do. I had the book (I think it was a music book so I could play it on the piano). If you remember it, you'll recall that she swallows bigger and bigger animals until she gets to a horse.

Now, why anyone swallows a whole horse is beyond me. The song is silly and I think that is the point. And it's probably some proverb... or clever way to teach music.

At any rate, I can really relate to her swallowing a fly.

I swallowed two on my run yesterday.

And that is what I thought of, there was an old lady who swallowed a fly.

I know don't know why she swallowed the fly, but I do know why I swallowed the fly.

Because I can't run with my mouth closed (I didn't feel like trying to rhyme that, let me know if you come up with something).

I don't run with it hanging open. but I do enjoy that whole breathing thing. It's sort of necessary, especially if you're running.

If you run and you know how to do it without swallowing flies, can you let me know the trick please?

Thanks.

In the meantime, I'll try not to swallow anything other than a spider that will wiggle and jiggle and tickle inside me/her.




1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete