Friday, May 3, 2013

my "drinking" problem

Five years ago my aunt called my dad to tell him that she had colon cancer. Their mom passed away from colon cancer. (My aunt had surgery and, as far as I know, is doing just fine.)

I talked to my doctor and scheduled my first colonoscopy. Everything went fine.

Then five years passed.

I got my reminder about two months ago, that I needed to schedule another one.

I just had it this morning.

Five years ago, they found three polyps. They were removed and biopsied and all came back negative for cancer.

This morning I had zero! Yay!

If you've had a colonoscopy, or know someone who has, you've heard the stories about the prep. I really don't find it all that bad, although I wish I'd bought some popsicles because it was warm enough.

Instead, I maintained a diet of clear liquids yesterday.

And I kept track of how much I drank.

Give or take a few ounces, at the end of the day I had drank 168 ounces of liquids.

That equals ten and a half pounds.

10.5 lbs

!!!

That is a LOT of liquid.

I'm back to solid food again, thank goodness.

But now you know why I had so much time to blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment