Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The locked up silverware dilemma


Why does it always come back to locking up the silverware? Really? I would like to know; is it only United Methodist Churches that insist their silverware is better off locked up? I think every church I have been a member of (four at last count) has had this discussion. As I brought up tonight, what kind of image are we sending out to our visitors when our silverware is locked up? Whatever the answer may be I do know this, I got a smile and a "thank you" from the chair of the committee for standing up to saying "No!" to locking up the silverware.

3 comments:

  1. On top of the silverware saga, is the craziness of the new code for windows. No window on a 2nd floor can be lower than 2'-0". So that the children don't fall out. Um, windows have been around for, let's see, hundreds of years. If a kid is going to fall out of a window, I don't think he was going to go very far (ha, bad pun) in life to begin with. Why does the government have to dictate what size windows are used? Oh, well, you can put in a window lower then that, but then it can only open 4". Because that makes sense. Maybe these people should go back to governing real things instead of window sizes...

    That's all I have to say about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps you should lock up your silverware at home to prevent theives from stealing your forks ; )

    Emily: I'm sorry, do you have a key to get into the silverware drawer?

    Theif: No.

    Emily: No silverware for you. Plastic's on top of the frig.

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent! thanks Heather, that was a good laugh and I needed it. I completely forgot about my fork issue when I wrote that!!!!

    ReplyDelete