Thursday, September 11, 2008

Would you like fries with that?

Here it is. The break down. County by county. Do you agree? Do you care what other people call it? My only thing is that I do like Coke over Pepsi. So, in the south after asking for a coke, I'd have to follow up with, "do you have Coke or Pepsi?" They always thought I was weird....

Follow the link to the actual page here where you will find out why they call it a soft drink. (such an obvious explanation, yet I learned something new!)

4 comments:

  1. this is the coolest map ever. thank you for finding this and posting it. i love this. i really do. it is absolutely fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was laughing when I first saw this map. There's one county in Colorado that is yellow for "soda." I thought that awful weird considering how fierce they are about saying "pop," but then I noticed that in that county they only polled one person. Kind of a funny anomaly, finding the one guy who says "soda" in the whole state.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard it on the radio station I listen to (Air 1 radio, online). I'm glad it has drawn some interest! That is funny that they only polled one person in that county in Colorado!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually say "soda" or "pop." Unless there's actually Coke and then I'll say that.
    But I'm a Pepsi over Coke anyday kind of girl. :)

    ReplyDelete