Thursday, May 24, 2007

Beauty


Yes, I took this picture. I discovered the black & white, and sepia tone settings on our camera. I actually took this on the 13th. It was our last tulip. Pure white. And beautiful. It lasted longer then any tulip I have ever watched bloom. It is right by our front door, and is protected from the sun by the shade of the house, and the bushes that surround it. Amazing.

Then I took this picture.

Our lilac bush is between our house and our neighbor's. Our side bloomed, hers did not. Did you know, lilacs bloom on old wood. If you want lots of blooms, trim them now and then don't touch them again. Next spring, you will be rewarded with lots of flowers. Deb had just trimmed her side. Of course, it needed it! It is a little out of control!

I wish you a happy and safe Memorial Day Weekend! We'll be cleaning, watching the Monaco Grand Prix (Formula 1), and having a cookout!

No comments:

Post a Comment