Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Adventures during dinner

In my last post I was excited to "reinvent" my eggplant leftovers. I learned something that day. Eggplant does not keep in the fridge for five days. It was moldy. Ew! Although, it was a pretty shade of green-blue. I threw it out and scrounged around for something else for my dinner. I ended up making nachos with cheese. Mine are never as good as Bill's. He gets that cheese to nacho distribution just right. I ended up with a small tummy ache.

I redeemed myself for Dave and Greg, making them a turkey sausage, rotini dish.

I also made a flour-less chocolate cake. It was good, but I made it Thursday and we didn't eat it until Sunday, so I think it would have been better sooner. It wasn't bad. I also made fresh whipped topping once we found the hand mixer in their basement. That was pretty funny going through their boxes. Bill, at one point, thought he had found it. Alas, it was the iron. I ended up finding it in a random box. We also found a cast-iron skillet, a sifter, and several other kitchen gadget treasures that the two of them have forgotten they owned. That's what happens when you leave things in boxes in your basement for two years. Speaking of, we have a couple of boxes we need to clean out...

No comments:

Post a Comment