Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Winter is here


The first day of winter officially arrived on Sunday. As of Tuesday, we have had a total snowfall in the month of December of 43". The average is 18", and the "whitest Christmas" we've ever had is 22". According to our weather man we're not there yet.

I haven't measured in our yard, but it sure seems like that much. Of course with all the snow being shoveled off the driveway, in some parts we are at three feet! Keep reading the weather man's blog. We've only had a TOTAL of 7 hours 59 minutes of sunshine for the WHOLE month! yuck. I mean, I love snow. Don't get me wrong. But I also enjoy the sunshine. I like my vitamin D.

Ah, the shoveling that comes with the snow. My Bill is grateful for his wonderful wife, who has done a spectacular job at keeping up with the shoveling!

Our driveway has migrated a few feet to the right... We'll get it back in the spring! maybe.

There's a pile of snow to the right of Bill. Under two feet of that is the "snowball" bush we cut back this fall. I hope the poor thing makes it!

I tried looking for a picture of our house in the summer. Do you believe that I do not have one on this computer? So, you'll have to remember on your own what our house looks like without two feet of snow piled in front of it!

Have a very Merry (and perhaps even white) Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment