Thursday, January 1, 2015

So long 2014!

Happy New Year!

Overall, 2014 was a good year. It just ended differently than I would have wanted. But it's over now and we've moved on.

Work is going well. At Baker they affectionately call me Emily 2.0 Reboot (the other Emily lasted three and a half days). We're headed into a catalog season, so things are going to get interesting. I have been filing the last two weeks. I've filed something like 3,000 files on thirty DVD's. Except I've actually burned sixty because we save one at the office, and then in case of a disaster, we store one in a secret, off-site location. They won't tell me where. They insist it's super top-secret and they aren't willing to kill me over it since I've stuck around this long.

I'm kidding, of course. And I know where they store them. But I'm not telling.

Now, don't get too excited about this post. I'm not re-committing to any more, or less, posting. I will continue to try to write random thoughts. I've had several ideas, but they never made it here.

One I can remember is that after four weeks of wearing my brace, through one of the snowiest December's, with a mitten that I couldn't pull on all the way, I came up with a better solution. An oven mitt. Now, I don't recommend you break a hand, but if you ever do and it happens to be during winter, please use my idea and wear an oven mitt. You look like you're ready to pull something out of the oven, and it was an interesting social experiment, but it keeps your hand warm.

I've worked on a few crafts and took pictures, so I'll post those the next couple of days. I'm going to post them because I actually have the photos on my computer. They're not stuck in my camera!

Here's to a new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment