Monday, September 28, 2009

What inspires you?

I am often inspired while driving the four hours to my parent's house. I pass things and I think, "oh that would make a good blog!"

For instance, the North/South Continental Divide. I had no idea what it was and I pass it on Hwy 31, outside of South Bend, In. I have always been curious and finally decided on my own that it must be the dividing line between the northern half and the southern half of North America. That makes the most sense. During our trip to Cleveland, Bill and I were discussing the length of I-90 and where it starts and stops. It is the longest Interstate Highway in the U.S. He has a blackberry so I googled it (something I never remember to do when I pass the N/S divide). It turns out that there was a link to the North/South Divide because I-90 runs close to it. It is actually the dividing line for which direction the waters in rivers flow. North of the line they flow into Lake Michigan, which eventually flows into the Atlantic. South of the line the water eventually ends up in the Gulf of Mexico.

Or I'm inspired by the flat cornfields and the round barns. I love the round barns and even have a barn book. I pass three on my way to Cicero.

Often times I'm inspired but by the time I get in front of a computer, I can no longer recreate my thoughts or excitement.

What inspires you?

2 comments:

  1. I always wondered what that North/South thing meant. I thought the same thing you did for the loooongest time. Probably every time for the past 4 years. And now I know! Thanks!

    Hmmmm....my city inspires me. Especially downtown. Also the beach in MI because it's so peaceful and quiet. And Ethan. Most definitely Ethan I love taking pictures of anything that has to do with him. Especially when he's just being himself and least expecting it. And Autumn...I loooove autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. see, you can learn something on blogs! lol

    Thanks for sharing Alison! I have more things that inspire me too...

    ReplyDelete