Monday, October 27, 2008

Fall

A few weeks ago, my parents came to visit for the weekend. It was a beautiful autumn weekend. They brought Skylar too. We went to Robinette's, a local apple orchard! We saw them make apple cider, I picked out pumpkins (the cheapest I've ever paid), and we bought lots of apples!





Here's Skylar next to some of the bigger pumpkins. The ones I got aren't that big!














We went to the mall after lunch. Skylar is in front of the sculpture that is there.














Fall colors, soon snow will fall.















This last weekend was the Jr. High Overnight. Fun times! I baked cupcakes in these ghost shaped tins. Heather and I found them last year, but we never got to use them!





Here I am, in my costume. Yes, I made it. Yes, I made it just for the overnight...
















Heather was Queen of DeVine. (the name of our "youth group rooms" is collectively called "The Vine", and the room has a mural that is painted in green, black and purple....) Do you get it now?






After only a few hours of sleep, we're a couple of matching youth leaders, ready for a nap! The few hours of sleep were worth it! We were entertained into the wee hours of the morning by a couple of "charades".




I can't go anywhere without plunging a toilet... Seriously. They're always getting clogged (not by me). This toilet has been acting up. The last flush was the final straw. The stall flooded and we actually had to put into action Jason's, aka Joe the Plumber, plunger. I'm getting really good at plunging toilets....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emoly,
    I stumbled across your blog, and thought I would comment on your apple and pumpkin experience.

    My friend has an apple orchard and the apples mostly just fall on the ground. Finally after much urging, he picked up an apple press and yesterday we pressed a couple of gallons of apple juice.....Sooo good.

    Jamee

    ReplyDelete