Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Broken and Healing

I am thankful for healing broken friendships.

I continue to learn, grow and gain wisdom.

I learn valuable lessons of life from my parents and my friends.

I have many wonderful friends (see my post about giving thanks for friends), new and from long ago.

I'm not calling my friends old.

I'm saying that we have been friends for a long time.

Over the years, I have learned an important part of friendship is forgiveness. I have also learned to let things go. You may not believe me when I say this but this is how I am; if I am in an argument and I walk away, I'm likely to let it go. I've learned that holding grudges is pointless. All that has done is given me gray hairs.

Wow, I'm really sounding old in this post.

Most likely I am apt to let it go because I chose to forget. Or, I am old and I forget plain and simple.

Ooh shiny!

(I also have the attention span of my Jr. High students, which is probably why I get along so well with them.)

This last fall, I was in the copy room at work and I discovered that a co-worker and I share half-birthdays. We then got on the topic of Monday's child, etc. She is the attorney for JFON (I used to volunteer for her). She is Monday's child, fair of face. How true is that as she seeks for justice for those who have quiet or no voice?!

I'm a Tuesday's child full of grace.

For some reason, I have always thought of graceful. And graceful I am not. I am full of bumps and bruises. It was that day when I learned it's not that kind of grace.

It's the grace of forgiving others.

It's the grace of love.

That makes sense.

I recently reached out to a friend from long ago. I didn't want to reach out to heal myself, but I wanted to reach out because I miss her. I wanted to reach out because that's who I am.

She responded with a reciprocal outpouring of love and forgiveness. It's never to late to heal. To forgive. Or to share with someone that you miss them and care for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment