Thursday, May 5, 2011

everything is happening the weekend of the 20th

It's like everyone got together and talked about it and decided the best weekend to do everything was that weekend. One of the youth told me she has a band concert coming up and I said as long as it's not the weekend of the 20th, I can come. If it's that weekend, I'm going to scream. She laughed and then said, yup. It's the 20th.

I screamed. Not very loud (ask Bill how loud I can scream), maybe it was more of a groan...

Let me tell you what else is going on that weekend:
  • it's our Quota District Conference (hosted by my own Grand Rapids club)
  • there's a luncheon I was invited to on Saturday
  • one of my good friends from college is getting married in Maryland
  • the oldest flower girl from our wedding is graduating from high school, in Savannah
  • it's our Pastor's birthday (click here to read more) and I will be baking a cake for him
I think that's all. I know why some of these people chose this weekend, it's between Mother's Day and Memorial Day, it's after the Kentucky Derby (who knew that was such a big deal?) and more importantly around here, it's after the Tulip Festival.

But we can only choose one thing and we already committed to it years ago. I am very excited and will not likely be blogging about it because I will not have my computer!! That's another story.

You've been warned and it's still (only!) two weeks away.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget we are missing ANOTHER art show at West Coast Coffee, too. You are right, everyone wants to do everything that weekend!

    ReplyDelete