Monday, January 10, 2011

french braids

I cannot french braid my own hair. My sister taught me how to french braid either on a friend or a barbie, I can't remember, when I was much younger. She has mad skills and does a great job. Whether or not she intended to include pain along with the french braid, I don't know! But those braids would stay in, no matter what I did (including riding roller coasters, playing softball and probably hanging from monkey bars).

I was the team manager for both girls volleyball and basketball in 8th grade. That meant I had a lot of practice at french braiding. I could make it a nice, tight braid which also would not come out during the game.

For the life of me, I still cannot braid my own hair. I can do this cool twist and I can put my hair in two regular braids, but french braiding my own hair requires some right brain thinking that I just cannot get. I think it has more to do with angle. I can do about half of it, loosely before my arms get too tired to hold up anymore. And because of how I french braid using my hands, doing my own hair keeps my hands from facing the right direction to pull the hair tight. Maybe I should try more often.

Anyway, I bring this up because apparently it is not an easy thing to do and not everyone knows how to french braid. And for all those who do, may you be blessed with girls whose hair you can french braid! (you know who you are)

No comments:

Post a Comment